April is the beloved month of Rex Manning Day! Even though it’s officially April 8th, we’re still celebrating. This past weekend we headed to one of our favorite local bars (the Mews) for a celebration of Rex Manning Day, featuring bands covering the 90s (including Jessi’s beau!). So FUN! Highlights of our night included the Saved By the Bell theme song, Bryan Adams’ “(Everything I Do) I Do It For You” and Jessi rapping Salt N’ Peppa.
Anyway, we had Empire Records on the brain and were inspired to come up with some new picks themed around the movie. Enjoy!
1. This black cat tank has the perfect record store vibe. Metal cat muscle tee :: Forever 21
2. Shock me shock me shock me with these purple boots! Steve Madden Troopa Boots :: Zappos
3. Go ahead, try and seduce Sexy Rexy like Corey tried to in this little red number. ASOS Boudoir Mesh Trim Bra :: ASOS
4. Deb approved. BDG Embellished Utility Vest :: Urban Outfitters
5. This high-low skirt has the perfect amount of sex appeal. Floral Lace High Low Skirt :: Forever 21
6. A pill box to keep your stash of speed, of course! Vintage Pill Box Holder :: Rose Petal Resources via Etsy
7. It just wouldn’t be a day at the Empire without a plaid short skirt. 90s High-waisted Plaid Skirt :: Musky Mink via Etsy
8. Pleated skirts are a must! Pins and Needles Box Pleat Skirt :: Urban Outfitters
9. A bit rocker and a bit feminine: so Corey! Gypsy Junkies Liberty Neon Sequin Shorts :: Lulu’s
10. Crop tops are back and they are a perfect way to show your inner record store girl. Influence Stone Honeycomb Knit Crop Jumper :: New Look
11. Complete your look with this Marc Sucks button! 1″ Empire Records Button :: Push Buttons via Etsy
Rap… metal… rap… metal… and Whitney Houston,