Two words. Fried. Pickles.
I’ve only discovered these within the last few years but, while pretty much any food tastes good fried, pickles are exceptional!
When I host a party I love to make snacks. And no matter how much food I make its usually gone by morning. If there’s still some leftover that’s just a bonus!
This year I went some of the usuals, like Amy Sedaris’s Lil Smoky Cheese Ball, which always blows everyone away. But I wanted to try something new. Insert “Fried” pickles. These babies were actually baked, not fried, but delicious none the less!
Recipe adapted from Shrinking Kitchen.
Pickles (You can either use the kind already cut into slices or cut up some whole dill pickles. I cut up whole pickles so the slices would be nice and thick.)
1 cup Italian –style panko crumbs
Few sprigs of fresh dill (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- If using whole pickles, cut to bite-size.
- Mix the dill with the panko crumbs in a bowl.
- Beat the egg in a separate bowl. You’ve successfully made a pickle makin’ station!
- First dip the pickle in the egg, then roll around in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Put each pickle round on a foil-covered baking sheet, about an inch or two apart.
- Bake for 7 minutes, flip. Bake 7 minutes more. Broil for one minute (but make sure they don’t burn!)
- You can serve with ranch dressing, or if you’re feeling spicy, try this chipotle mayo I used.
I hope you enjoy these as much as we did! Have a lovely rest of your weekend!