80/35 is Des Moines’ best music festival and it’s happening next weekend! Stumped about what to wear? Well, when planning an outfit for a day at a music festival there are many things to consider. Just how hot will it be? Rain or shine? Can I stand AND sit comfortably in this outfit? Can I throw my jacket, emergency toilet paper, wallet, etc into my bag and still be able to dance comfortably? So many questions!
1. I’ve been crushing hard on overalls and I think this is the perfect occasion to finally break them out.
Railroad Printed Overalls :: Free People
2. I’m a sucker for a brown woven bag. And although we would highly recommend a denim fanny pack, good luck, they’re hard to find!
Tan Crossbody Bag :: Dorothy Perkins
3. Oh wait, they really aren’t too hard to find! You just have to look at K-mart. Naturally.
Joe Boxer Fanny Pack :: K-mart
4. I’m not usually one for a maxi dress, but I find this one unreasonably cute. Just be careful when making a trip to the dreaded port-a-potty!
Tall it a Day Maxi Dress :: Lulu’s
5. You could match these statement earrings with a white tee and some jean shorts and still look stylish.
River Island Feather Drop Earrings :: ASOS
6. You’ll want a comfy shoe, for sure, and if you can handle it, something with a little extra height is great for when tall boys will inevitably stand right in front of you…
Kimchi Blue Quarter Strap Sandal :: Urban Outfitters
7. The festival IS 4th of July weekend after all, so in this case we support being overtly patriotic!
For Love & Lemons Americana Dress :: Urban Outfitters
8. Sunnies are imperative. Definitely pack one pair, if not more!
Dark Sky Shades :: Nasty Gal
Of course, nothing says a music festival like a pretty floral crown. Take 30 minutes out of your day and make one, the DIY is right here!
Hope to see you there!