Hey there pretty kitties, want to know something I’ve discovered about getting married??? For one, you get to be with the one you love for the rest of your life and throw a huge party (duh!) But two, it’s an excellent reason to get to spend lots of quality time with all the other totally awesome people in your life, celebrating not only the relationship you have with your betrothed, but the great relationships you have with your best friends and family. Sorry to sound cheesy and sentimental! But I have some of the greatest friends on the planet who threw me pretty much the best bachelorette party and bridal shower weekend a girl could ever hope for. It was incredible (and we have the blurry pictures to prove it)!!!
I don’t think anyone would ever say I’m a traditional girl, and my bridesmaids took that to heart. I was not forced to wear a sash or veil, there was no penis paraphernalia and no embarrassing scavenger hunt. Those things are all good and fine for some, but just not my cup of tea. There was, however, a limo (an absolute MUST, I say!) a hotel room, Cards Against Humanity, great dinner, great friends, great speeches, and many, many, many drinks!
Highlights of the night included (but are not limited to):
– a rapid-fire questionnaire, stolen from our favorite podcast Totally Laime (shout out!) and personalized by my lovely maid of honor, Miss Marlena
– riding in the limo, drinking champagne and cranberry cocktails and singing along to some awesome jams
– answering many questions wrong on the Newlywed Game questionnaire filled out by my honey
– bar hopping around to some of my favorite bars, and running into my husby-to-be at the end of the night
– getting to hang out and love on all the awesome ladies in my life, both local and from far away (minus one beautiful bridesmaid, who couldn’t make it. We missed her dearly!)
– and lastly, passing out in the hotel from too much fun at the end of the night while everyone else partied on….
The limo arrived and it was a beast! But it had to be to fit all those girls. This picture is post-hotel drinks, pre-dinner. And, I have to say, there’s not one, not two, but three Jesse/Jessi’s here. Outstanding!
There’s also a Mindy, Marlena and Shannon there, and I love them all the same, even though we don’t share a name 🙂
Me with some of my oldest and dearest friends, also 3 of my four bridesmaids. What beauties!
I took the liberty of appropriately labeling my own cup. | Once the gift bags came out we didn’t put the party favors away all night!
Near the end of the night we thought it appropriate to take selfies in the bathroom. Makes sense, right? | This limo was intense, as evidenced by the lightning screen in the background.
Shannon making it rain with her mountains of cash! | I told you we didn’t put the party favors away all night. They made perfect unicorn horns!
I really have the best bridesmaids, am I right???
Stay tuned for details on the bridal shower that blew my mind, coming up later this week.