Need some last minute inspiration on what to wear tonight? New Year’s Eve is all about stepping it up a notch! So take a classic look: pretty dress, heels and a clutch, and make it memorable! Add a pop of color, some sequins, a luxe fabric… or all of the above!
1. Sequins always make it festive.
Sequin of Events Dress :: Lulus
2. This fringe adds a little sass.
B-Low the Belt Twiggy Clutch :: Shopbop
3. These are such a statement heel.
L.A.M.B. Tomas Ankle Pumps :: Shopbop
BONUS! Shopbop is having a “sale is on sale!” sale! 25% off with offer code CHEERS2015 until 1/1. Go buy cute stuff!
1. Stun in a white dress with lace detailing.
For Love and Lemons Rosette Dress :: Nasty Gal
2. This crazy awesome clutch is the perfect accessory for NYE.
Santi Jewel Clutch :: Shopbop
3. Finish the look with the brightest heel you own!
Mojo Moxie Billie Pump :: DSW
1. Blue velvet = always a good idea.
Sirens of the Time Dress :: Modcloth
2. Charlotte Olympia is killing me!
Charlotte Olympia Fantastic Chain Clutch :: Selfridges
3. Finish off the look with gold sequin heels with an adorable strap.
Yes I Candescent Heel in Gold:: Modcloth
Now that I’m looking at it, you could seriously mix and match all of these things in a number of ways!
Have fun tonight, and Happy New Year from us here at HPK!
I can confidently say you did not get enough things cat-related for Christmas! Because of this, we’ve rounded up our favorite cat stuff you need in your life. Time to spend that stocking $$!
1. Forget about Christmas cookies… Cat cookies from meow on!
Cat Cookie Set :: Amazon
2. This is a total no brainer!
Cat Rose Sweater :: Romwe
3. Perfect for a cat nap!
Cat Eye Mask :: Catbird
Crazy Cat Lady Shower Curtain :: Society 6
5. Hello Kitty indeed!
Noir Hello Kitty earrings :: Shopbop
6. Every cat lover needs to represent on their phone.
Kate Spade Glitter Cat Case :: Shopbop
7. Surprise party guests year-round by popping some kitty cubes in a cocktail!
Ice Cube Cat Tray :: Amazon
8. Purrrrfectly cute and cozy
Eugenia Kim Cat Hat :: Shopbop
Hi Pretty Kitties!
Our monthly mani theme is Winter Wonderland! Since we don’t currently have any snow on the ground, I decided to put some on my nails. Confession: taking pics of mattified glitter nails is hard! I feel like you don’t really get the sense that I used a matte top coat, which I love. I have to thank Piniel over at Pin’s Place for that purchasing inspiration. Anyway, the matte white looks super milky and pretty!
I decided to add a little snowman accent nail for fun as well, which was surprisingly easy (I used the old bobby pin trick again for the eyes and nose!) Although not easy enough to do it on my right hand…
For more fun holiday nail inspiration, please check out the other bloggers’ Winter Wonderland nails too!
Happy Nail Art-ing,
Whether your BFF loves to cook or just throw parties (or both?), we have some fun, unique gift ideas!
1. For the pizza lover (and wearer)!
Take Another Little Pizza My Heart patch :: Katmeowcrafts via Etsy
2. Isn’t this darling? I’d love a tea set for one.
C. Wonder Ikat Polka Dot Tea for One :: Shopbop
3. Anthropologie easily has the best apron selection out there.
Polka pleats apron :: Anthropologie
4. Little and whimsical, these salt & pepper shakers would look great adorning any table!
Jonathan Adler terrier shakers :: Shopbop
5. Can’t you just envision this board filled with the best cheeses?
Piedmont slate cheese board with cloche :: Shopbop
6. A friend of mine has this and gets so creative with the ice cream flavors. And who doesn’t love ice cream?
Ice cream ball :: L.L. Bean
7. Every hostess needs a fancy cat tray!
Fancy cat tray :: Fishs Eddy
8. A grilled cheese ornament would suit me perfectly, but they have a ton of different foods available!
Grilled cheese sandwich glass ornament :: Bronner’s
Our last gift guide, assembled by Jessi, is coming at ya soon. Hint: Meow!
“Mama, you look like Elsa!”
That was the feedback from my 3-year-old Charlie when he saw me in this dress out in the snow. If you’re anything like me and are about to Google who on earth that is, I’ll save you the trouble: it’s a character in his movie of the moment, Frozen. He went on to suggest I let Santa know I need a purple cape so I can look more like Anna. Apparently Anna is where it’s at?
Anyway, these were taken on the only real snowy snow day of the year so far, the day before Thanksgiving. We were getting ready for our trip down south to St. Louis [which took 7.5 hours I might add. Ugh] and I forced Joe to take some pics of me in the pretty white blanket of snow before we left. It was one of those times when it’s snowing really hard but it magically doesn’t feel super cold outside. Of course, I was sure to bundle up Charlie in his vintage snow suit because: come on! I never need an excuse to put him in that.
Speaking of things I can’t get enough of, I can’t enough of these boots! Boot Story Time: I was thinking about buying these boots at Target for awhile, but had never made the jump to purchase them. So one evening after work I happened to see them again and I was like, “You really don’t NEED these boots.” (I was in one of those moods.) And I walked away from them. But as I was walking away, the boots I had on (which I admit I did have the heel super-glued together…) completely broke right there in the store! I thought, “Well if that’s not a sign, what is?” The Target gods win again. And so do I really! I love these boots. They go with nearly everything (hello, brown and black) and are super comfortable, especially over jeans. Love!
Outfit details: Blue dress :: Gift from Jessi, thrifted | Red coat :: Charlotte Russe | Riding boots :: Target | Bracelet :: Gift from Joe | Red socks :: Gift from my mother | Charlie’s snow suit :: Hill Vintage & Knits | Shark hat :: Gift from his cousin Matthew