Another super simple, two-step DIY for you today! Do you own too many bottles of clear polish because you lose them, buy another, then promptly find the missing bottle two days later? Then keep repeating this process for months? I know I do. Do you also have leftover glitter lying around from an old, albeit glittery, crafts project? Well, dear kitties, time to put these two and two together to create your own glitter nail polish!
Seriously. Just make a funnel out of some paper and put the glitter in your nail polish bottle. Voila!
Some words of wisdom:
- Use a bottle of clear polish that is halfway to 3/4 way full.
- Don’t try and put a bunch of glitter in at once or you will create a glitter traffic jam. If you ignore this rule, use a tooth pick to try and jam out the glitter into the tube.
- The outcome is not going to be lush glittery nails. The outcome is more of a subtle (yet super awesome and fun) glitter party.
- Once your polish is on your pretty nails, try hard not to peel it off the minute it dries because this can be very addicting.
- For the next use, you’ll really need to shake it well or just hold it upside down for a minute or two to get the glitter mixed in. It likes to settle on the sides.
Perms. I know what you’re thinking: Giant bangs, teased out hair, scrunchies on your wrist and Lisa Frank trapper keepers in your lockers. Well there will always be that perm and no one can take that away from it. But I’m here to tell you about the new perm, now referred to as a texture service at a salon near you. I have wanted curly hair for about 10 years but it was a sort of longing that I never dreamed would come true, like being a cat for a day or taking a bath in macaroni and cheese. But look at me now! My dear friend Devan at Bombshell Betty’s gave me a beach wave perm. There are countless things I love about it but here are two: 1. I don’t have to brush it and 2. it’s curly straight out of the shower but it also does marvelous things when prompted with a little help from my curling iron wand!
Okay, I’ll stop gushing about my hair. For now.
Uh oh… Where did my belt go?
Des Moines is in full bloom these days, and I can’t get over these trees! So so so so so pretty! I wore this little yellow lace top under my strapless dress (did you see it has a MUFF for pockets?! sold) because I didn’t think it was quite warm enough for a strapless dress. Turns out I was wrong, but I’m okay with it. Remember these glasses? Yeah, I gave them to Jessi for her birthday but I just couldn’t not own them. I mean, hearts AND mint?!
Outfit details: Heart-shaped Sunglasses :: Kohl’s | Lace top :: Forever 21 | Strapless dress :: Urban Outfitters | Belt :: Gift from Jessi, Forever 21 (pink) | Flats :: Charlotte Russe (coral)
Hope you’re having a pretty week, and come back for Jessi’s darling post among the trees later in the week!
p.s. Are you on Instagram? Cuz we are! Follow us at HerePrettyKittyKitty for outfit inspirations and oh so much more!