I had been keeping my eye on this dress at Target for a couple of months. As in, I would walk past it, think “oh that’s cute,” and then promptly forget about it and go buy more toilet paper. Then the other day I was actually sans husband and toddler and had time to try some stuff on! I had fun styling this dress because the entire day I was painting our kitchen cabinets in an old t-shirt and yoga pants. When Jessi asked if we wanted to hit up First Friday in Des Moines’ East Village that night, I was all about it. Another reason I was so excited about this dress is the scoop neckline goes perfect with a sleeveless collared top.
I picked this necklace up at Hill Vintage awhile back, and my son loves munching on it. Even now, after all his teeth have come in….
Of course my night got much sweeter when Joe bought me this perfect Dear Creatures dress at Vitae Design Collective for all of my hard work with my painting adventures! You’ll see my take on it soon!
Outfit details: Sunnies :: Forever 21 | Sleeveless heart blouse :: Forever 21 | Lace dress :: Target | Belt :: Target | Jellyfish Necklace :: Hill Vintage | Purse :: Vitae Design Collective | Black cutout flats :: H&M
This polka dot number is my new perfect summer dress. It’s magical! It’s the total package: v-neck, button down, racer back, polka dots… I’m in love! I got this baby at target and it was love at first sight. I didn’t even try it on, I just knew we were meant to be.
It’s been just right for any occasion: work, date night with my love, going out with friends and even sitting around playing board games and Nintendo. I often do this with a new piece of clothing. I’ll become obsessed and wear it multiple times a week until the next dress/top/whatever comes along. Pretty fickle, huh? But I feel confident this darling will last the test of time. We shall see…
Also, speaking of love, how in love do I look with that cupcake?!
I got this belt from Etsy a few years ago. It’s a very special belt that I don’t pull out for just any outfit. But you guys know how I feel about this special dress…
I know it’s not for everyone, but I love pairing ankle boots with a summer dress or shorts. These boots also came from Etsy, and they’ve sat around in my closet for quite awhile, but one day I got the urge the throw them on and they’re now heavily incorporated into my summer wardrobe. This is why I can and should never get rid of anything!
I don’t know abut everyone else but I’m having a pretty great summer so far! I’ve already gotten some decent pool time in, plenty of summer drinks with friends, and sitting outside and reading and soaking up the sun. Cheers to my favorite season!!
Outfit details: dress :: Target | boots, belt :: Etsy | scarf :: thrifted
It’s time for our monthly style-up and this June it just makes sense we’re both gravitating towards oranges and reds with the heat, right? We’re also loving the geometric trend, from a cute shapely dress (I went there) from Modcloth to cut-out oxfords from Urban.
1. These earrings are perfect to dress up any outfit.
Finchittida Cut-Out Earrings :: ASOS
2. I love this flattering pattern and it’s such a nice, cool dress for the heat.
New Theory Tube Skater Dress :: Sway Chic
3. The little arrows on this belt are too cute.
Arrowcut Skinny Belt :: Madewell
4. This yellow floral bag is reminiscent of a vintage carpet bag, but way cuter than the one I used to own!
Opportunity to Pop Bag :: Modcloth
5. See: the cut-out squares will keep your feet nice and cool despite not wearing sandals. Right?
Cooperative Lattice Lace-up Flat :: Urban Outfitters
1. Yes, I know it’s summer, but you never know when a summer thunderstorm will hit. OR use this beauty to shield yourself from the blistering sun.
When It Rains It Paws Umbrella :: Modcloth
2. This geometric darling caught my eye instantly and I have to admit I already snagged it from Modcloth! And believe me, it’s just as cute in person.
Summertime Spirit Dress :: Modcloth
3. If I had a billion extra dollars to spend I’d drop some money on this bracelet real quick!
BoyNCY Thorn Cuff Bracelet :: Urban Outfitters
4. I’m a sucker for a brown bag, and the gold trim really sets this apart from the rest!
Tan Gold Rim Saddle Bag :: A|Wear
5. I saw these puppies on a lovely lady in downtown Des Moines and was inspired to look them up online. Very classic and practical for summer!
Charla Black Wedges :: Zappos
Hope your weekend is a blast!