So for Jessi’s bachelorette party, I decided to whip up these fun cat straws for a fun addition to our champagne limo ride.
These were fairly easy once I worked out the kinks. Let’s get to it!
Paper straws (I bought these cute striped straws from Target. They are cute on their own! And they were $2)
A few pieces of card stock
Metallic sharpie or some other marker you like
Hot glue or strong glue
1. With your pencil, start by drawing a cat head shape on the backside of the card stock. You may want to try it out on a regular piece of paper first.
2. Once I drew my perfect shape, I cut out the cat head and used it as a template for the rest of them. Cut those cuties out!
3. Make little kitty faces using the sharpie.
3. Using the circle punch, cut out as many circles as you did cat heads.
4. Now glue just half of that tiny circle to the back of the cat head.
5. Put the straw under the circle. Now dot the other side of the circle and glue it down. I didn’t do it very tightly so I could adjust where the kitty was on the straw.
You’re all done! I will say that since they were adjustable, some girls at the party mentioned they were going to take the kitty with them and use them on different straws. The paper straws were cute, but they weren’t exactly long-lasting!
While you’re at it . . . make some smaller and glue them onto toothpicks! I also found some glittery hearts at Micheal’s that I added.
There’s just something about toothpicks with things on top that make everything more festive! Here are our dessert blueberry muffins decked out at Jessi’s bridal shower:
Check back soon for more details on the amazing weekend we had!